I’m Brandon Jones, frequently known by the username “toji” or “tojiro” on various parts of the web, and this is my “About Me” page. I also host some of my tech writing about WebGPU and WebXR here.
I have been at Google on the Chrome team for 10+ years working on various Web APIs, including:
- WebGL 1.0
- WebGL 2.0
- Gamepad, briefly as a spec editor.
- WebXR, as one of the originial API creators and a spec editor.
- WebGPU, as a spec editor.
If you need to contact me for work reasons, the best way is my corporate email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Almost everything I work on in open source, with the majority of it being either on the Chromium project and its dependencies or GitHub. Outside of Chrome I tend to work on either utility libraries or samples for the various bits of web tech I’m working on. Some of my more notable projects include:
- Quake 3 WebGL Map Viewer - On of the more complex early WebGL projects on the web.
- WebXR Samples - Samples written to demonstrate the WebXR API.
- XR Dinosaurs - Cute WebXR dinosaur experience.
- Spookyball - Halloween-themed breakout clone. One of the first WebGPU games.
- Efficiently rendering glTF with WebGPU - Article covering problems you may encounter when loading models with WebGPU and how to fix them.